The Light within The Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion

Go down 
4 posters

Would we like to have competitions?
Yes
Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Votebar100%Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Votebar
 100% [ 2 ]
No
Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Votebar0%Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Votebar
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (ie, only under specific conditions - also specify)
Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Votebar0%Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Votebar
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Balthier
Knight of the Round
Balthier

Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Empty
PostSubject: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 7:48 am

Welcome one and all the the Anime and Manga section! Please abide by the rules, so that there will be no need for warnings etc.

Spamming

Spamming will not be tolerated. Although there is a fine line between spamming and posting a lot in reply to other posts, there is still enough of an obvious aspect to determine if it is spam or not. Spamming of one's own thread will also not be tolerated.

Flaming

Flaming will also not be tolerated. There is no need to flame anyone for opinions or anything else. If someone begins flaming you, please notify me. Do not, I repeat, do not fuel the fire (so to speak). If you have a difference of opinion, discuss it rationally.

Pictures

Pictures are allowed to be posted of course, but please take into consideration other's internet speed and whatnot. So of course, not too many pictures, if you please, unless you are making an opening post about characters etc. Also, please feel free to use pictures in debates.

Now that all of that is dealt with, let's have some discussion. My first point of action will be something to keep this section active. For this, I would like to have an overall opinion on having "screening" competitions, that is, showing several pictures from different manga and anime, and having you identify them. Depending on the number of participants/how many pictures there are to identify, the set time to post your findings will vary.
Regardless, I have seen this done a few times on various forums, and I think it will be fun.
But of course, there will be a reward. I would say something like... At the end of each month, rep will be given to the person who has obtained the greatest number of points.

So please, discuss away

Last edited by Balthier on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:31 pm

*bump to the top of the page for justice XD*

Thats actually good point about the internet speed but i think the age of the computer affects it as well.

Anyway, I like the idea of the competition. (even though i haven't kept up with the animes yet)
It should be fun if people know alot c:
Back to top Go down
Balthier
Knight of the Round
Balthier

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:23 am

I'd make them easy enough to begin with, but maybe as it goes along, i would make them a bit harder

Also,

People, where are you all? Please, come and post with us
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 8:18 am

I dont know where people are anymore.
*watches chi*
Things are soon to get better....
Back to top Go down
https://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Balthier
Knight of the Round
Balthier

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am

That is true. There may be a "drought" now, but there is bound to be a flood soon enough!

Oh, could I possibly request that we change the section name to "Anime and Manga"?
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:12 am

Gee... Fussy much?
Lol
But consider it Done,

*thinks* we really need to encourage activity and find some way to get new members.
Back to top Go down
https://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Balthier
Knight of the Round
Balthier

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:09 am

I am not hahaha

But thankyou for doing that for me. And yes, I was wanting to begin the screening contest, but no one has really commented on it.
Back to top Go down
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:21 am

iutviutbu sorreh foar leaving the Anime and manga sectioooon D:

soo are you gonna make a new thread for each screening thingy?
Back to top Go down
Balthier
Knight of the Round
Balthier

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:18 am

I would make a new thread for the initial contest, but as it goes along, I would just edit the first post every time there is a new contest
Back to top Go down
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:40 pm

ooooooh okay then Very Happy looking forward to it ^^

whats the prize?
Back to top Go down
Balthier
Knight of the Round
Balthier

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:45 am

WHY, PEOPLE, WHY DID YOU ABANDON BRYAN'S DREAM ;A;
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:27 pm

can we post threads about graphic novels as well, not just anime/manga?
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Balthier
Knight of the Round
Balthier

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:12 am

I don't see why not ^_^
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:55 pm

alright... though i'm guessing no1 here reads the Sunwell Trillogy Razz

(world of warcraft graphic novels ^^)
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion   Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime/Manga section rules/general discussion
Page 1 of 1