The Light within The Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ye olde Scenario Practice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

Ye olde Scenario Practice Empty
PostSubject: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Other sections have one, and i will start one.

I will be starting, now, a Scenario of the Week.

This section needs more activity, and this will help people train themselves in the art of Roleplaying.

They will be graded, in general, as such:

Character: (60 pts)
physical Interaction: how they interact with the environment around them, and how well it fits the characters' respective mentalities.(this includes how the character is described) 15 pts
character Interaction: how they interact with the people and creatures around them, and how well it fits the characters' respective mentalities 15 pts
Mentality: shows evidence of a developed and unchanging mentality in character(s) (exceptions including traumatic experience changing mentality, but there is always explanation for all they do in the entire scene) 30 pts

Scene: (40 pts)
Description: How well the scenario is described and how realistic it is, in relation to the world(s) at the time, and the time period/current technology. 35 pts
Interaction: linked to the above physical interaction, how well the design of the scenario is kept. this is graded differently. 5 pts worth if kept, but can take away as far as to -10 pts.

any questions for the rubric and i'll gladly elaborate.

This week's (closing next tuesday night, my time) scenario is... A Bar fight.

write it as you wish, as many characters as you wish, and whatever else you wish to add, but you may ONLY include details relating to the bar and the 5 meter radius around it (you may mention shops nearby, or mention, say, someone being knocked out a window into the adjacent alley.)

PM your submissions to me and they will be placed, come next tuesday, in a thread in the actual RP section. all submissions will be anonymous to the public. all participants must score the submissions.

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 11:01 pm

... is anyone doing this, or even seen this thread?

it's supposed to be due tomorrow ._.
Back to top Go down
Sugar Rush
Nobody
Sugar Rush

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 pm

XD ya know... if ya don't mind a late entry... XD i would give this a shot... XD see how well i can flex the muscles that i think i have in writing skills... XD though i wish i had nuncuck skills or magic skills or computer skills.... XD
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:26 am

bit repetitive in the beginning, ain't it? XD
Back to top Go down
Sugar Rush
Nobody
Sugar Rush

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:04 am

wha? XD are u talking about my entry thingy? if so.. than yeah... >.> it may have been just a little... xD
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:20 am

it's, basically,... "she waited. she waited and waited and waited. She waited... *description of surroundings*" XD

well, 1st 3 lines
Back to top Go down
Sugar Rush
Nobody
Sugar Rush

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:39 am

XD

well, hopefully it got better as it went on... XD so when will u have a grade for it? XD
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:10 am

as there are no other submissions, and thus no other writers to grade yours, i will (sorry XD)

Character: 30 pts. (50%)
physical Interaction: 5
character Interaction: 10
Mentality: 15

Scene: 15 pts (37.5%)
Description: 20
Interaction: -5

you ended up with 45%...

but it wasnt bad, actually. I'm just really critical with things like this (you should see how i grade myself in theater class... i give myself considerably worse than my teacher does)

but just some notes to make (regardless, you win this one by being only entry, regardless of how late it was)

1. Watch your spelling, this isn't one of the larger things, but it can break a story if there are too many words misspelled.
2. Be decisive. it's fine to describe things well, but use more specific descriptive words and don't link 3 adjectives together like you did describing her clothes.
3. Watch your characters' placements. reading through it, i can find no possible way that one of the two men suddenly appeared behind the security guy, as they approached the woman together, and one threw the bottle, the security guy ducked, and the 2nd guy got hit. i cant figure that one out.
4. This is the largest one: Develop your characters. this alone is 60% of the score in my eyes. Your characters had, for the 2 guys, the only visible sights (and cliche ones at that) of drunkenness and lust. the woman was afraid, and the security guard protective. It was relatively simple and cliche characters, and only the security guard was named at that. and you gave him the name bob. So I just suggest that, even in short scenarios like this, you elaborate for your characters.
5. Finally, and this isn't quite as big as the last 3, describe the area a bit more. you had excessive description of the women, but barely any for the bar itself.
Back to top Go down
Sugar Rush
Nobody
Sugar Rush

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 am

lol that sounds like i've could've been worse off!! ^^ it has been awhile anyways since i had to write something and that was kind of doing it on the fly at the moment... xD

normally it takes me bout three to seven pages to get something good down.. but as i only had thirty minutes to spare and that u might've not liked to read a whole book at the time.. xD i kept it short and simple. >.>

but yeah, spelling/grammar issues tend to be my numero uno killer. x.x but oh well, writing is a never ending process, and i'll be sure to try to keep on improving. xD so just be sure to let us people know what the next scenario is! ^^
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:12 pm

hmmm... next scenario....

Still using the same rubric as the first, as will be used as far as i can see at the moment...

The scenario is...

Your character wakes up one morning to find that he/she is suddenly in the possession of ONE "super power"

describe how he/she goes about his/her day. This is to take place in medieval times. you may not be royalty, and you may not use your powers to wage siege against a kingdom Rolling Eyes

deadline is the night of the 9th. if there are no submissions as of then, i may extend it.
Back to top Go down
Sugar Rush
Nobody
Sugar Rush

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:08 pm

ooouu... ok!! i'll be sure to pm my brain storm before then! ^^
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm

deadline's tomorrow night...

anyone?
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:22 pm

extended to next saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ye olde Scenario Practice   Ye olde Scenario Practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Ye olde Scenario Practice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Light within The Darkness :: Creative Community :: Roleplaying :: Discussion & Sign Ups-
Jump to: