The Light within The Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 Empty
PostSubject: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:03 am

I decided to do it like this, seperated into two different rounds Very Happy

No voting for the match you are in...just to be fair.
Match one:

A: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 NinjaGaiden_1

B:Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 Ninjaaad

MAtch Two:

C: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 Sasukesig-1

D : Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 User60841_pic11506_1262104577

ALright voting system:

Effects: 1-10
Flow: 1-20
Stock usage: 1-20

Very Happy

Last edited by Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:09 am

Match 2:

C: 14/ 7/ 12

the effects masked the stock too much for Smiley Face (C:) and spreads out interest points to the entire stock, decreasing the value of the parts that should be focused on.

D: 14/12/17

The sparkle effect somewhat masks the full extent of the stock, as well as the stock not seeming to fit with the effects in places (and the little squiggle in the bottom left of the green smoke thing looking out of place)

Last edited by Saradamon Lanaldor on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:10 am

D: sara could you use the letters instead, it'll make it a lot easier to tell whom your voting for.
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 am

could you show picture frowny face?
Back to top Go down
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 am

Sorry, but i forgot to but this in; voting for yourself is not allowed. So, Sarad please change edit out your vote for yourself. I want to make it fair. So only vote for the match your not involved in.

Match one:
A: effects:2
Flow:6
Stock Usage:10
- Im sorry, but this one lacks flow, the effects are basic, and could be way better :\

B:
Effects: 6
Flow: 16
Stock Usage: 13
- Effects, flow, and the stock usage are great, i love the vibe i am getting from it. the colors are a bit contrasted, but that can easily be fixed ^_^.
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:42 am

C: - Effects - 5/10 Slightly over done, to the point where they take over from the stock.
Flow - 15/20 Fairly nice, can't say much about it really...
Stock usage 10/20 - Blend's nicely, but too nicely. The effects take over too much leaving the stock lost and over take, the lighting effects over bare it and it doesn't stand out enough.

D: Effects 6/10 Nice, but i think the smoke would have been better as a light effect instead of what apears to me a bit.. "chalky?"
Flow - 18/20 Very nice, definate direction there.
Stock Usage - 15/20 LOL I WAS SOOO GUNNA USE A TMNT stock but i couldn't find a good one. ;~; lol. Anyways It's good however the stock seems a little overtaken by effects....
Back to top Go down
https://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Match one:

B: Effects:8/10 I love the eploding effects on the tag. It creates a big effect on it.
Flow: 9/10 I can definately see where you;re going there.
Stock usage: 10. :/ Im a little iffy on the stock But it's been used quite well.

A: Effects: 5/10 It's basic but im sure you could've done more. c: Like smudging.
Flow: 3/10 Sorry mate, but I can't seem to tell where the direction is. D:
Stock usage: 8/10 Nice choice but the clothes blends in with the effects. But it's a ninja after all.
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:38 am

Sir Raito wrote:
Match one:

B: Effects:8/10 I love the eploding effects on the tag. It creates a big effect on it.
Stock usage: 10. :/ Im a little iffy on the stock But it's been used quite well.

A: Effects: 5/10 It's basic but im sure you could've done more. c: Like smudging.
Stock usage: 8/10 Nice choice but the clothes blends in with the effects. But it's a ninja after all.

where would smudging help it?
Back to top Go down
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:06 am

Saradamon Lanaldor wrote:
Sir Raito wrote:
Match one:

where would smudging help it?

With the right direction, and different ways of smudging, it would produce a great look, and provide more depth.
Back to top Go down
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:01 am

fjkghljkfghkldf

YOU BEAT ME TO IT.

What he said c:

It also makes pretty effects.
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 am

actually... i never ever use smudging, XD
I've only used it once or twice to fix a small part of an image. XD
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 am

but it's infinite! (that is actually a mathematical function that i used, it makes an infiitely repeating pattern)

if i smudged it, it would be finite!
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 9:17 am

So... now what do we do the two winners VS eachother?
Back to top Go down
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 am

Winner VS Winner I guess

and

Runner up VS Runner up.

I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1   Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Friendly competition: Voting thread Round 1
Page 1 of 1