The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community
 
HomeFAQCalendarSearchGalleryMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 am

Seriously what is it?

I mean we let blokes make make-up and become hairstylers,

but Chicks are considered dumb when it comes to anything computer orientated,
I mean I have a feeling im going to have a lot of sexist predjudice upon me when i become a webdesigner, but i mean in a gaming perspective... ugh....

A mate of mine told me it'd be impossible to beat Crisis Core without finishing all the Missions,
Yet i leveled up to only 43 and found the fight easy.

Seriously? What is it about Men (not all) that seem to expect that females are not as good gamers as they are?!

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:44 pm

heh, i dont judge people like that, Razz

... at first...

i wait for evidence... though unfortunately all the ppl in know in rl that are girls arent very good with computers >_<

though a good number of ppl i know through forums, who are girls, are better than some of the ppl i know in both forums and irl that are guys XD

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:05 pm

There is one advantage to being female,
I have a higher chance to get into any uni i want cause the unis have a hard time finding their quota amount of females...

I guess there's no such thing as Gender equality...

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 pm

yea. but hey, atleast girls dont have the steryotypes that guys do >_>

i, personally, hate anyone that follows the male steryotype XD

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Guy stereotype?

Im not sure what you mean by that,

however,
I know girls are stereotyped all the time, example
"Girls need to do extra training cause they can't possibly be as good as guys at gaming, sports or driving"
Most of which aren't true especially the Driving one, since males get into more car accidents then females... >.<
(no offence blokes, but it's a known fact that 52% of babies are born male and yet it evens out to 50% when guys reach 25.)

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 pm

SeaSalt IceCream wrote:

(no offence blokes, but it's a known fact that 52% of babies are born male and yet it evens out to 50% when guys reach 25.)

that's also because, due to the XY chromosomes, males are at higher risk for genetic diseases that erode their life span.

and the male steryotype that guys are easily angered, are perverted in every form, etc etc, bla bla bla. hate people that follow that steryotype.

however, with some sports girls do need to do more training, just because of the ways the muscles differ in structure. in SOME sports. sports with more repetition and less raw strength involved are actually better fitted for the female muscle structure, which does better with repetition than strength... as far as i know from what i've been told in science and the ways workouts differ...

though the female brain also remembers details better, so you got that. we only remember the gist (well, when placing them at the extremes. they cross in places, though for the most part it's closer to girls remember details, guys remember gist)

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 pm

You're also forgetting that the way men a chemically based and wired for more risk taking behaviour.
Hence why the men used to be the hunters to kill food while the women stayed home.


But yes biologically, women are ideal gamers....
with our multitasking skills, the way our brains are wired, our memories, the list goes on,

However the question more or less is "why do men think that a girl would be bad at gaming?"

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am

because guys made the first video games

it's a 3/2 ratio of Male/Female gamers, however, and a 2/1 Male/Female ratio of online gamers, so :/

though the ratio was more like 5/1 and 4/1 respectively 4 years ago. girls are starting to move up in the gamer world. about time...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:32 am

Heck yeah!
I've always wanted to challenge the fellas at some gaming combat,
Im always a sword fighter though
Shooting bored me a lot...

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm

what's boring about popping someone from across the map with a sniper rifle? Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Uhh.... i find slashing more thrilling, it's sort more like action related...
With shooting you have to aim, which annoys me,
Using a sword you just slash away untill dead..
I find slashing more exciting than one-shot-dead basically.
I like the challenge in the chance for error.

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm

then play call of duty Razz

you can melee with a knife if u close enough Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Battler
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 604
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:27 pm

SeaSalt IceCream wrote:
Seriously what is it?

I mean we let blokes make make-up and become hairstylers,

but Chicks are considered dumb when it comes to anything computer orientated,
I mean I have a feeling im going to have a lot of sexist predjudice upon me when i become a webdesigner, but i mean in a gaming perspective... ugh....

A mate of mine told me it'd be impossible to beat Crisis Core without finishing all the Missions,
Yet i leveled up to only 43 and found the fight easy.

Seriously? What is it about Men (not all) that seem to expect that females are not as good gamers as they are?!

TWO WORDS:

Typical stereotype.

Seriously, it's like people stereotyping Canadians. They always say 'Eh?' But I doubt that true.
Hmm probably got something to do with us being bothered about 'real life' things I guess. Or something about Male being better than Females.

Quote :
what's boring about popping someone from across the map with a sniper rifle?

It's not. IN FACT, IT'S GIVES YOU ADRENALINE RUSH! I used to play Star Wars Battlefront (the ONLY shooting game I have .____.) and I prefer to have a gun or a sniper rifle than a Lightsabre. You have a bit more control with guns xD.

But some people (more of the girly girls- no offence) kinda stereotype girls that play video games as 'Tomboys'. I've been told that ever since I started to play with boys and does get a little annoying when people tell you you are a tomboy just coz you play video games >8(

Quote :
because guys made the first video games

That doesn't really tell us anything. <.<

Quote :
then play call of duty
I would IF I HAD AN XBOX THEN I CAN PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS THAT ARE BOYS. *steam rises above head* of course you can always go around a boy's house and play it there but there's your parents who might think that a boy might do something with you while your there.

/ranting.

_________________





Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:14 am

Beatrice wrote:
SeaSalt IceCream wrote:
Seriously what is it?

I mean we let blokes make make-up and become hairstylers,

but Chicks are considered dumb when it comes to anything computer orientated,
I mean I have a feeling im going to have a lot of sexist predjudice upon me when i become a webdesigner, but i mean in a gaming perspective... ugh....

A mate of mine told me it'd be impossible to beat Crisis Core without finishing all the Missions,
Yet i leveled up to only 43 and found the fight easy.

Seriously? What is it about Men (not all) that seem to expect that females are not as good gamers as they are?!

TWO WORDS:

Typical stereotype.

Seriously, it's like people stereotyping Canadians. They always say 'Eh?' But I doubt that true.
Hmm probably got something to do with us being bothered about 'real life' things I guess. Or something about Male being better than Females.

Quote :
what's boring about popping someone from across the map with a sniper rifle?

It's not. IN FACT, IT'S GIVES YOU ADRENALINE RUSH! I used to play Star Wars Battlefront (the ONLY shooting game I have .____.) and I prefer to have a gun or a sniper rifle than a Lightsabre. You have a bit more control with guns xD.

But some people (more of the girly girls- no offence) kinda stereotype girls that play video games as 'Tomboys'. I've been told that ever since I started to play with boys and does get a little annoying when people tell you you are a tomboy just coz you play video games >8(

Quote :
because guys made the first video games

That doesn't really tell us anything. <.<

Quote :
then play call of duty
I would IF I HAD AN XBOX THEN I CAN PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS THAT ARE BOYS. *steam rises above head* of course you can always go around a boy's house and play it there but there's your parents who might think that a boy might do something with you while your there.

/ranting.

1. cause of the created them thing, it used to be, probably (and maybe still now), something around the lines of "guys invented them, guys are good at them"

and ROFL battlefront Very Happy
first shooter game i ever played where it was multiplayer Very Happy

and if your computer is good, you can get CoD MW2 for comp... plz do... i need more than 1 person on my friend list on it .____________________.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Balthier
Knight of the Round
avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 24
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 am

I don't know what your problem is; guys are obviously better Razz

_________________

Light my way 8D

nom nom nom seasalt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battler
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 604
Join date : 2009-10-02
Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 am

Saradamon Lanaldor wrote:

1. cause of the created them thing, it used to be, probably (and maybe still now), something around the lines of "guys invented them, guys are good at them"

and ROFL battlefront Very Happy
first shooter game i ever played where it was multiplayer Very Happy

and if your computer is good, you can get CoD MW2 for comp... plz do... i need more than 1 person on my friend list on it .____________________.

...Sexist...Oh don't tell me, is that why men used to get paid much better wages than female workers owo?

IT'S AN AMAZING GAME THO. I'll have to rebuy it for my PSP. I wish they have it on the Wii though lulz. A;though I remember playing Medal of Honor with my cousin when I was 9.

Slow coputer is slow. It takes forever and if i have Modern Warfare 2 on my compy, it's going to diiiieee.

Quote :
I don't know what your problem is; guys are obviously better

RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEE

_________________





Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:53 am

*GLARES*

Callum are you brave enough to say that again?

*looks at Arti for backup*

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Lemon's Lamp
Heartless


Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-02-07
Age : 29
Location : Australia- England in just over a month hopefully xD

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Balthier wrote:
I don't know what your problem is; guys are obviously better Razz

lmfao, I actually have to disagree with you there cal. The reason you might be better is because you play them too much xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Battler wrote:

...Sexist...Oh don't tell me, is that why men used to get paid much better wages than female workers owo?

no, i really arent. i was just explaining my theory for why some guys thinks they should be better than girls at video games.

do I think i should be better than girls? yes.

but you wana know what the difference is between me and them?

I also think that i should be better than the other guys too Razz

I SHOULD BE TE NUMBA ONEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Being your hero.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Quote :
lmfao, I actually have to disagree with you there cal. The reason you might be better is because you play them too much xD
I totally had to rep you for that!

Quote :
do I think i should be better than girls? yes.

but you wana know what the difference is between me and them?

I also think that i should be better than the other guys too Razz

I SHOULD BE TE NUMBA ONEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL You also nearly got your face punched in
But... i'd be that if we could actually vs. in days I'd kick your butt.

_________________


Colour your world.

Callum! XDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 am

SeaSalt IceCream wrote:
Quote :
lmfao, I actually have to disagree with you there cal. The reason you might be better is because you play them too much xD
I totally had to rep you for that!

Quote :
do I think i should be better than girls? yes.

but you wana know what the difference is between me and them?

I also think that i should be better than the other guys too Razz

I SHOULD BE TE NUMBA ONEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL You also nearly got your face punched in
But... i'd be that if we could actually vs. in days I'd kick your butt.

possibly. possibly.

if you had CoD MW2, i could kick yours Razz

and as for days, my current weapon i like very much Razz (Saradamon likes pandora gear+)

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Balthier
Knight of the Round
avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 24
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am

you guys are so funny :3

but seriously, it's not fair to have a stereotype on it

AND YES, I DO BRIDGY; LEAVE ME ALONE ;A; IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE NO LIFE

_________________

Light my way 8D

nom nom nom seasalt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Balthier wrote:
you guys are so funny :3

but seriously, it's not fair to have a stereotype on it

AND YES, I DO BRIDGY; LEAVE ME ALONE ;A; IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE NO LIFE

I BET I HAVE EVEN LESS OF A LIFE THEN YOU!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAAA!!!!!! I MAKE CHAINMAILLE!!!!!!! (THOUGH SAYING "CHAIN" IS REDUNDANT, AS "MAILLE" RELATES TO ANYTHING CRAFTED OF CHAIN)!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Balthier
Knight of the Round
avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 24
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:11 am

Can you get out of your house on a regular occasion by your own choosing? If so, then you have more of a life than me C:

_________________

Light my way 8D

nom nom nom seasalt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
avatar

Posts : 653
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 24
Location : psst. dont turn around.

PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:09 pm

... i go to school... and college visits... but that's about only reasons i leave the house ._.

so i therefore win by having less of a life.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!   

Back to top Go down
 
Why do most Guys Assume Girls are bad at Gaming?!?!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Light within The Darkness :: Discussion :: Gaming-
Jump to: