The Light within The Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Empty
PostSubject: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:42 am

★Welcome to my Gallery!★

Hello Friends!
This here's my gallery! I hope to have regular updates here on things I've made and I'd love your CnC. I intend on striving to get so much better at my graphic design skills and aim to become a graphic/web designer when I leave school. So again your CnC is invaluable to me. Please be critical but in a nice way - like all Artists I can be sensitive about my work. However i promise not to bite your head off if you dont like anything I've done.

Philosophy on Graphic Design
I've been graphic designing for over 2 years now, I've had my share of tests and trials. When I first began I used Gimp and did so around the two years mark. When I started I wont deny I was awful at it, however I wanted to get better and progressively teach myself. People always told me, that I'd never amount to anything, I was rubbish and should just quit now. Some tried to direct me to tutorials, however I refused. I wanted to develop the skills and styles all on my own. I made up this analogy to demostrate the approach I take towards graphic designing.

"To me, adding the effects to a stock is like adding the icing to a cake. Without it, you should have alright tasting cake, however it can taste a bit plain, so we add icing. Too little icing you might as well be just eating cake, however too much icing just leaves one feeling sick."

My favourite quote from someone else is:

"Simplicity carried to an extreme becomes elegance."

The Artwork

Tags
These tags can be used by anyone on THIS site only, please credit me, and link back to here. You are not allowed to use them on any other site unless you have special permission by me.

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Aqua_edited-3
[Unkown Date] - This one was my second photoshop tag ever. Its rare that I still love them, but this one I do. Something Magical happened with the lighting and the clours which I honestly cannot explain. I've tried recreating similar effects multiple times but I never can seem to get it anywhere near to the clarity of this tag.

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Sorafall
29/11/09 - A brilliant stock of Sora, it makes a pretty decent tag on its own, I just tweeked the colouring, levels, and angle to make my own creation.

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Chivectorcolour
30/11/09 - Poor Tina, She's been begging me for MONTHS for a Chi's Sweet home set for the both of us, School kept me down so much I just didn't have time,
Finally Here it is! This is the full coloured version. I made Tina and myself dual tone ones to be extra cool. ^_^ Vector is fun.

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ HouseCollab2
14/12/09 - A collab with my Bro, He did most of the work, which left me bewilded what to do with it. So... I added a texture and changed the entire tag. I dont think even he saw it was going this way. :] It's the first vertical tag I've made that was successful.

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ CaltagJan15
16/01/10 - Wow... it's been over a month since I've done something decent to show everyone. Today marks a momentous day where i turn over the metaphorical leaf, and get out of my Creative Depression. Today I decided to instead of wishing 'why can't I be like them' changed my tune to a different note. From this day on im not going to try and be like everyone else. No ma'am Im going to be like ME! This lovely tag was made for you Callum!

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ BroAqua
16/01/10 - Woah two in one day? Impressive. This one is for my Bro, Ken, this one's for you! Keep it real.

Avies

Banners

Misc.
★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Elegance
28/11/09 - Decided to have some fun with some brushes I recently downloaded. It turned out rather pretty. Im trying to get loads of practise in when I dont have school to bother me.

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Life
28/11/09 - Fun with Vector art. As you can see im rather amature at it, however i've always loved the art style and intend on continue practising and mastering this style. Hats off to those of you who already are amazing Vector artists. You're the reason I'm inspired.

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Nightlife
29/11/09 - I must really like these colours or SOMETHING. I struggled to find a name for this piece of art, but, the night sort of colours lead me to Nightlife. It's another one of me just experimenting with brushes. Nothing spectacular.

Last edited by SeaSalt IceCream on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

PostSubject: Re: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Pretty dang good sis, can't wait until the rest is revealed.
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:39 pm

You mean when the rest is MADE lol!
Im sorta starting fresh these holidays
Since I've got two months to do it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

PostSubject: Re: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:16 am

SOme of this new stuff is pretty sick sis, although the roxas tag is too bright lol. Other then that, i really like it Smile
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:20 am

It's actually Sora,
And I didn't do all that much to the stock just edit colours aa bit. lol
But yeah I now it is a bit bright.
More new stuff comes almost every day so keep lookin ^___^

Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:00 am

Double post cause the new tag that King and I collabed is up.
Comments and suggestions are appreciated on all my work. Smile
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:09 pm

TODAY I got out of the Great Creative Dpression,
And focused on the new graphic designer, me!
I'd really appreciate some cnc on these tags,
Cal's gift - https://2img.net/h/i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/SeaSalt-IceCream/caltagJan15.png

Bro's Gift - https://2img.net/h/i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/SeaSalt-IceCream/BroAqua.png

If anyone else wants one please post me a stock here and i'll get back to you when i can,
I only have a week left of freedom though so please get them in quick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★   ★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★ Empty

Back to top Go down

★The Gallery of SeaSalt IceCream ★
Page 1 of 1