The Light within The Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they? Empty
PostSubject: Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they?   Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:15 am

ok this is a dilemma.

Lets say (I don't really but lets just say) I hate chocolate and lets also say (which you may or may not) that you love chocolate, now I state how much I hate it and you get angry and say you love it and I'm so dumb to hate it and all that a debate or argument over taste. I'm sure you have experienced or seen this happen on occasions. Now the real question, IS chocolate tasty or IS is disgusting? The actual chocolate humans aside? What is it? also say someone calls a snake strange but you find them perfectly normal, so then is a snake strange or is the snake normal? what is strange what is normal? same with weird someone calls you weird to your face (has happened to me) but to some of your other friends you are perfectly normal are you then normal or weird? can you be normal or weird is it a state of being? What do you think about all of this?
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they?   Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Someone obviously didn't pay attention in Junior science...
Just like each human being has a different finger print,
Each human being has a different tongue print.
Now since each human being has a different tongue print they each have a different amount of taste buds in different spots on their tongue.
Our taste bud quantity is often heriditary.
Hence why one family might like Hot and Spicy Mexican food while another likes to keep it mild.
Some like sweet, some like Sour.
It's because tastes come from different parts of our tongue
Example i believe the tip of one's tongue is where you can taste sour things... and so on...
Now depending on the quantitiy of your taste buds that react to sour stuff means you may love it or hate it.
You may have too many taste buds in that region so you notice it too much and dislike it, or maybe you don't have enough and things just taste well.. bland, or you have the right amount which makes you enjoy face-pulling goodness...

We once did a test with a piece of chemically treated filter paper in biology, and there are a few people who can and can't taste it.
If you can taste it, you want to rip the thing right out of your mouth immediately because it's one of the most disgusting thing's you've tasted, however than there are those of us ( i was one of these) who just puts it in their mouth and it just tastes like your eating plain paper. Our teacher let us take some pieces home to determine if it was both or which parent's genes did we take it up from not tasting the piece of paper.

But yeah long story short, it's your genetics and also taste bud count on certain things. Like i said earlier we each have a different quantity of taste buds on each of our tongue which allows to heighten or desensitise taste on certain things.
Back to top Go down
https://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they?   Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:10 am

good answer but not quite what I was looking for Wink thanks for explaining I didn't know that actually lol XD!

What I was looking for what a philosophical answer as to what weirdness is basically. And then comparing that to taste.

say for instance we got 3 people I'll pop them below.

now #1 says that #2 is weird but #3 says #2 is normal, who is correct? Neither and both are correct, #2 is not anything at all he is just #2 not weird not normal, weirdness is like taste its individual based if you look only from your viewpoint (like sadly a lot of people do) then weirdness makes sense someone who isn't like you. BUT if that si so then you are not like them so you are also weird to them but to yourself you are perfectly normal. There is nothing to meassure weirdness against, its unmeasureable, simply put it doesn't exsist its a manmade concept that in reality has no place. There si no such thing as a weird person or even a strange person, there are different people and similar people TO YOU or there can be weird people TO YOU but weirdness is not a state of being, for instance saying, "that person is weird" doesn't make any sense it like saying "apple are delicious" it makes no sense you can say "to me that person is weird" or "to me that apple is delicious" but its only to you thus it doesn't make the actual apple delicious or that person weird. Thus they basically do not exist I am guilty of it to but if you think out of yourself, there are no weird people there are people and people are different, to shun people because people class them as "weird" is wrong because you are just as different, what makes them "weird" that you don't have also make YOU weird because you do have that, say if someone picks their nose in your circle or say 10 friends all 9 agree he/she is weird because he/she picks his/her nose BUT maybe that is true but they are all as equally weird because they all don't pick their noses thus they are weird for not doing it, so to him they are all weird, who is weird? noone is weird, same if you do that with an item of food and all 9 think they like it and one hates it, that doesn't make the food tasty. Food in itself has no taste, taste happens on the tounge not in the food. so arguing about taste is pointless, shunning people because they are "weird" or "strange" is totally incorrect makes no sense and its wrong. becau you are just as weird/strange.

Also you could take 20 apples, 19 are normal and 1 has a lump on it, is the one with the lump on it strange? No because the 19 are just as strange cause they don't have lumps on them. strange weirdness and taste have no measure. there is no such thing as unstrange unweird or untaste or words meaning that, there is no counter measure thus they are not measurements so you can't say this thing taste better then that etc... because they are not measures, well the actual thing isn't, you can say "for me this or that" but as long as you make sure you remember that its only for you then its ok to use weird or you like this food better then that.

Yes philosophical but heh I though about this a bit recently so I thought I'd share it. (mainly cause I'm getting kinda tired of being called weird to my face almost everytime I go out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they?   Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they? Empty

Back to top Go down

Taste, Weird and Strange. What really are they?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Light within The Darkness :: Discussion :: World Related :: Other-
Jump to: