The Light within The Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. Empty
PostSubject: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:50 am

Okay, hopefully we remember how this works.

We have only three entries this time, however they are entries of a high standard so it shalt be interesting where they fit.
I will make this absolutely clear, YOU CAN VOTE FOR YOURSELF if you like yours the best. Just dont advertise that it is you do we can have as fair as possible judging.
Also please do not vote for someone just because you know who did that entry - it shouldn't be an issue.
Voting is like so;

1st - Entry 2 - (Reason)
2nd - Entry 3 - (Reason)
3rd - Entry 1 - (Reason)

Now without further hesitation the entrants are (in no particular order)

1 - Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. Spyro

2 - Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. Samussigcopy1

3 - Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. User60841_pic9414_1255713331

Thankyou to our entrants (in order of submission
The King
SeaSalt IceCream
Light

(I hope you will participate in future comps)
Back to top Go down
https://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:36 am

wow so there was like only 3 people who entered?

okay here goes...

1st- Entry 3 : I like the effects and the depth in it (i believe it has a small amount of depth in it but ...). Could've been a bit darker.
2nd-Entry 1 : I love how the perspective of the BG comes to play and I like the lighting behind Spyro.
3rd- Entry 2 : It could've come 2nd if the big white blob wasn't there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:47 am

Well I only know one of the chars... Samus in pic #2... Bust that aside I will judge unbiased

Oh man this is hard :/

1st- Entry 2 : Nice flow and even though chaotic it still flows nicely. An orderly chaos like I have been telling people over and over again its possible to make! Nice job! And great effects!
2nd- Entry 3 : I like how its nice and blended, (if that is right word) though I don't think the stock was the best it was good but he looks to angry for the pic and colours chosen, nice effects!
3d-Entry 1 : I hate giving this pic last place because I have to say that if it had a different stock it might have well taken first place, the background effects and lighting are perfect, I'd rate everything but the stock 10/10, but I find spyro a little to unreal for the more real looking background, even though its nicer like this a simpler background would have gone better with the stock imo.

Note to all participants: YOU DID GREAT JOB ALL OF YOU!

I'd rate them each 9.5/10

Last edited by Tintin on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:08 pm

1st - Entry 1 - I love the colours used, lighting effects tops,

2nd - Entry 3 - Would have come first, however... i dont really feel pastels suit seph, I always thought he was a bit too bad for that. Nice flow though

3rd - Entry 2 - Colours suit the stock very well however the white specs really stick out too much and bug my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Entry 1: I love the dazzling effects on it; it makes spyro pop out like magic Smile

Entry 2: I love the way its made, but white blob..quite ugly :<

Entry 3: I like the colors, but the lighting really kills the stock :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:30 pm

I like the white blob :/ it adds chaos to a chaotic picture but makes and order to the chaos...

people can't see it Suspect I had a massive argument with sarad on this... because his good/evil clash was a flow clash when it doesn't have to be *sigh*

I WILL NOT RANT AGAIN!

maybe I am bias cause it proves me correct xD I saw some nice ones like this from reforge as well he likes the chaotic pics...
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:43 pm

Well... personally i too dont really like the blob,
However I would say this was a different situation then Sarad's I dont see the blob as a clash, but more or less looks like a piece of the wrong puzzle.
It's the colour that bugs me, If the person making it had used say a different colour such as one of the colours on the tag already it might have suited.
But im sure the person knows this already.
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:01 am

1 - The colors really suit the stock, though i personally prefer height:width ratios of 1:4 instead of 3:8

2 - woulda been first if not for the white specs, they are really distracting from the stock.

3 - Too bright for my taste

also, i found a new tool which i will use in next comp, that'll remove clashes like that line between light and dark in the thingy Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

Location : On a GIANT, COLOSSAL CHESSBOARD. Where somebody called Battler will flip the chessboard over.

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:50 am

I have counted the vote. I believe the winner is Entry 1! Im guessing its Seasalt. cheers
well done everybody! You all did great! alien

SSIC if you think i judged wrong, feel free to edit. afro
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 pm

i'm guessing it's salt, king, light, in order they were posted.

mainly because:

The Samus one is in King's graphics thread :/ (wait, isnt it thus disqualified?)
the last one appears to have used the sharpener tool alot, and is bright *glances toward light*
the Spyro one is awesome *looks toward salty*
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
Battler
Court Magician
Battler

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:33 am

Lol you know our style well :3
I dont normally go for bright tags it just happen to be pastel colours when i did sephiroth xD

So yea. Its Seast who won! Very Happy
Lets do teh happeh dance.
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:45 am

LOL Okay then,
Light you might wanna xlose the thread now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING. Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphic Designer of the Week 03 JUDGING.
Page 1 of 1