The Light within The Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Light within The Darkness

A friendly and inviting Kingdom Hearts Community

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. Empty
PostSubject: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:30 am

Okay guys, sorry about the fact that I cut this down several hours early, however Im sick and no one else seemed that interested in making a banner. So I thought I'd kick start the voting now.

Any person can judge, however all participants MUST cast their vote.
The wining entry will be awarded by a point system
Voters will give 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placings plus the reasoning they chose that particular entry.

NO NOT VOTE LIKE THIS

1st - 3 - Coz dats MEEEEz and im Ozzume! (You can vote for yourself but dont announce it to everyone else)
2nd - 1 - Coz she used Riku and I think that hawt!! <3 (Try not to choose based on the characters chosen, unless it's relevant, if because certain characters were used it gives the entry extra meaning, then you can vote accoring this.)
3rd - 4 - All the Others Suck!!! (That's just mean...)

VOTE LIKE THIS

1st - 2 - Great Lighting, excellent flow, brilliant colours, over all beautifully done.
2nd - I love the way you incoperated Kairi in the Banner because she's Sora's light.
3rd - Looks nice, I like what you've done with the text. I wouldn't have used that character with this tag but overall nice job!

Points will be given by this system
1st - 3 points
2nd - 2 points
3rd - 1 points

Then a total will be added up when all participants have voted, plus anyone else who would like to cast their vote.

Please also keep in mind that this IS a website banner, fancy does not always mean the best. Judge acordingly to what you'd be find with seeing every time you log onto the website.

Now to the ENTRIES

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. Sarabanner

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. BannerTav

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. Lwdbanner

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. Brobanner

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. Lwdbanner-1

Thankyou to all the participating artists.
As I learned, this was an incredibly difficult task, and I apreciate all your efforts in helping getting this comp up and running.
If you are unsuccessful I do hope you will still participate in future competitions.
Back to top Go down
https://lightwithindarkness.forummotion.com
Lord Grim
Twilight Warrior
Lord Grim

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 am

5- I don't know why, but something about this one says simplicity, but still down right amazing ^^

2- Even though in parts its a bit hazy, and the many renders sorta ruin the look, i do however, love how the artist made that up in the lighting, and that is what gets my vote. ^^

3- Even though this one could of used more renders, perhaps two or three more, i think they made that up in what effects they chose to do, and i must admit it is quite good; still could of added more. But nevertheless, its quite good ^.^
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 am

3 - Colours are brilliant, Effects not overdone. Could perhaps have used some more, but sometimes more is less so... Good Job!

5 - The flow is.... spectacular! And even that word doesnt do it justice! Could have perhaps used a bit more contrast in the colours, but that's just me, ^^

1. - Your effects aren't brilliant, nor the colours, but I can see some deep thought has been put into the banner, I also like the Gold text in particular, because it stands out, Not too fond of the black though because it doesn't stand out. ^^

[HONOURABLE MENTION] Competitor number 4 - If I could give you a half a mark I would. The only thing that stoped me giving you 3rd was your text, as it seemed all over the place and hard to read.. You also didn't include the full title name. Sorry... Other then that the Side with Sora looks great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:23 pm

3 - I'm loving the colors and the way it all blends in without seeming over-crouded and disjointed, also I love the text!

5 - Nice flow, nice colors and the strangeness almost takes your mind somewhere else if you stare at it to hard.

4 - so-so better then the other ones but a fraction, I like the colors, it is a bit chaotic though, maybe good for a sig but for a forum banner i think you want a bit more order
Back to top Go down
Saradamon Lanaldor
Court Magician
Saradamon Lanaldor

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:07 pm

they are all really good, but the color contrasts in 2 and 4 give me a headache to look at too long and number 5 does the same because of it's brightness. In 1 the stocks seem a bit too transparent and dark to see when the screen is tilted. Number 3's blending fits in with the style of the center stock, and i rather like the effects with the multiple stocks in the background, though some of those could have been blended a bit better... i also rather like the text in that one.

just criticism of all of them...

i guess

though the later 2 give me a headache, but i need vote for three ._.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Saradamon+Lanaldor
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:01 am

I find this all rather interesting. ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:13 pm

SeaSalt IceCream wrote:
I find this all rather interesting. ^^

hehe yup!

Esspecially since I guessed who made what all correct on my first guess Wink

hehe I know good art when I see it!
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Yes, ahem...
Well... ANYWAYS, just waiting on Elle to wrap up the judging, if her vote didn't make a difference I'd close it up, however it does and this is an important one. So we must wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 6:30 am

SeaSalt IceCream wrote:
Yes, ahem...
Well... ANYWAYS, just waiting on Elle to wrap up the judging, if her vote didn't make a difference I'd close it up, however it does and this is an important one. So we must wait.

well it only matters if she doesn't rate #5 as her best but even then if she votes #3 at all then it doesn't matter...
Back to top Go down
SeaSalt IceCream
Admin
SeaSalt IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 am

Elle told me online she votes 3 as no. 1
Thus we have a winner!
Congratualtions to all entrants.
however competitor 3 is the winner.
Followed by 5.... i believe
then it gets kinda hazey... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.   Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING. Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphic Designer of the Week 01 JUDGING.
Page 1 of 1